It’s hard to believe that 2013 is already coming to a close. It seems like just the other day we were ringing in the new year. Even though the year has flown by, quite a bit has happened!
Highlights for thedatabank during 2013
It was a great year for thedatabank in 2013. We had many successes, additions and changes this year, such as:
- We were recognized again this year in Minnesota Business Magazine as one of the Top 100 companies to work for in MN!
- We partnered with an award-winning company, The SoftEdge, to bring you the most robust advocacy software that ties directly into your Databank.
- While we were saddened to see a couple of wonderful team members move onto new opportunities, we also gained some amazing new staff members to our team this year that we couldn’t be happier to have as part of our Databank family! Our new team members are:
- Antonia Kurtz, our Marketing Intern whom we hired in early January, is now a full-time Sales Associate.
- Sarah Bonvallet, A former staff member of one of our nonprofit clients, has been our Database Setup and Training Specialist since February.
- Tony Hanson, who worked with us a few years ago, is back again part-time helping out our Support Staff.
Highlights for the Databank product in 2013
There was a huge number of product enhancements added to the Databank in 2013. To highlight a few:
- We restructured how we package our products, to make it easier for nonprofit organizations to find exactly what they need.
- We introduced a new A/B Testing Tool for PowerMail, allowing clients to see which version of an email performs better with small samples of their audience. This new feature allows users more advanced options for creating effective communications for their supporters.
- The Dashboard feature was added to the welcome screen in the Databank. There is now a rotating display of interactive and customizable dashboard panels, giving users top-level insights into their Databank’s performance and activities.
See the extensive list of product enhancements
Highlights for the blog in 2013
It’s been a great year for the blog as well, with more readers than we’ve ever had before! Thank you all so much for being a part of Technology for Change, and coming back regularly to read our content. In case you’re new to the blog, or you’d just like to revisit some of our top content, here are our 5 most popular blog posts from the past year:
5. A Few *More* Of My Favorite (free) Things for Nonprofit Marketing – By Amanda Bingham
4. Three Things You Should Know To Create An Effective Infographic – By Antonia Kurtz
3. Six Mobile Email Optimization Tips for Nonprofits – By Melissa Imboden
2. How To Handle Your Nonprofit’s Technology When Staff Members Leave – By Richard Matson-Daley
1. Eight Reasons Your Nonprofit Can’t Excel with ‘Excel’ – By Paula Luxenberg
Thank you for helping to make 2013 a wonderful year! We can’t wait to see what is in store for 2014.